The new version of Ruin Me is out for patrons, adding the ability to check on Theresa at night and a new type of optional “sophisticated content”. The new free version adds a new horror expedition!
You can always get the current free version on itch.io:
Please note: to upgrade on desktop, unzip the archive into a new directory. Your saves should carry over. Do not unzip over the previous version, as this can cause bugs.
If you want behind-the-scenes design notes, previews of upcoming releases, new versions as soon as they’re released, and the ability to vote on priorities or submit new random snippets, sign up to my Patreon!Become a Patron!
Version 0.49.0p is patron-only and adds:
- The option to check in on Theresa at night, including consensual peeping and waking her up with sex. You can get permission with the behavior menu option in her chambers.
- More options unlock as Theresa’s stats increase.
- The new bedtime menu can be disabled by telling her you’ll leave her alone at night. Asking about it again will re-enable the prompt.
- This feature may be expanded in a future release.
- A new option for sophisticated tastes, available from the “Examine your locked suitcase” option in your bedroom after Day 3. This is opt-in writing that is added to existing scenes. The new option, “Jealousy and Pride: How Inferiority Can Engender Ecstasy”, adds teasing of the player, inadequacy, jealousy, and consensual cuckolding vibes to many scenes.
- This is generally pretty “netorase” in feel as opposed to other forms of NTR and doesn’t involve any raceplay or specific anatomical criticisms.
- This is 100% optional and opt-in; you won’t see any added material until you choose to.
- You can set “Sophisticated Content” to “Highlight” in the preferences to see when text has been added or modified.
- A fix to the “Have Theresa dominate you in manual sex” play scene and its Theresa-initiated equivalent, which previously had unintended behavior when you use a safe word or otherwise end the scene early.
- An enhancement to “The Pileous Retort” with a unique line for each stories you choose to tell.
- Additional minor options for the ending of the sex scene when getting Theresa into the Reform Institute, providing opportunities for a bit of partner-sharing kinkiness.
- A change to the default ambience logic to make events like town ambiences avoid the same event recurring more than every three days. This should increase the likelihood of novel events, but please let me know if you’re seeing too many repeats or other odd behavior.
- Additional forms of address and other nomenclature for you and Theresa to allow for different relationship dynamics (“Comrade”, “friend”, “cuck”, “Goddess”, and more).
- A correction to the spelling of “anilingus”, which I never would have guessed was spelled that way!
- The changelog is now accessible from the main menu (from a link beside the version number in the corner).
- A new option in the “Bend Reality” cheat menu, available to $5+ patrons: you can enable the option to pick certain outcomes that are normally random. For the moment, you can choose ambiences (in town or at breakfast) and certain random events when checking in on Theresa at night. More places to control randomness may be added later.
- Minor enhancements and fixes.
The current free and public version, 0.48.1, adds:
- “The Chthonic Swelling” horror expedition, featuring an encounter with a shadowy figure at a crossroads. It’s available by talking to Byron in the bar starting in Act 1. Optional kinks include intoxication.
- New transitions replacing most of the fade-to-black transitions used throughout the game.
- A report of how much Ken you currently have on the “Explore” menus for the mansion and town. Previously, you had to open your journal to check.
- Occasional minor variations to Cathy’s play scene upon repeated visits. This will probably get extended to other scenes. It can be disabled with the new “Repeated Scene Variations” option in the preferences.
- Minor enhancements and fixes.
The patron version also has the Reminisce feature, which lets you replay old erotic sequences that otherwise can’t be revisited and take new paths through them. $5 patrons can access a special cheat menu, guide development priorities with polls and suggestions, and submit additions to random snippets that show up during play. The current latest version will go public once the next patron-only build goes live. If you want to contribute to the game’s development, please become a supporter on Patreon!