The new version of Ruin Me is out for patrons, adding a new horror expedition and various other enhancements!
You can always get the current free version on itch.io. For information on what’s new in the free version, check out the previous update post.
Please note: to upgrade on desktop, unzip the archive into a new directory. Your saves should carry over. Do not unzip over the previous version, as this can cause bugs.
If you want behind-the-scenes design notes, previews of upcoming releases, new versions as soon as they’re released, and the ability to vote on priorities or submit new random snippets, sign up to my Patreon!Become a Patron!
Version 0.54.0-p is exclusive to patrons for a limited time and adds:
- “The Nostalgic Conjugation” horror expedition, featuring unreliable memories, nightmares of strange words, and a petrifying well. It’s available in Act II after a series of new nightmares; if you already have a save, you will begin dreaming of your true past the next time you would have a nightmare. It will take a few dreams for the expedition to get added to your journal.
- The new option to choose the order in which Theresa can be trained in penetrative sex. If you wish, you can teach her anal sex at Permissivity 3 and save vaginal sex for Experience 4, reversing their positions in the curriculum.
- Adjustments to several requirements to account for doing Theresa’s training in either order. This involved rearranging the Play menu, possibly changing what scenes you have access to.
- A new-style interaction menu for Cathy at the docks, including new casual chat options.
- An improvement so that picking up a package from Cathy no longer makes time pass.
- Nightmares for expeditions are now acquired differently. In general, nightmares play in the order in which they were “gained.” Previously, you would gain one “prophecy” nightmare when an expedition started and one “echo” when it ended. Now, you will gain all “prophecy” nightmares for an Act when that Act starts, to make it more likely that you see them before the expedition. No other nightmares have been changed, and players with saves in progress shouldn’t notice any differences until they reach a new Act.
- An improvement to how nomenclature is tracked and stored. This should have no visible consequences. If you notice any errors or words in [brackets], please let me know!
- A flag so that you are only asked once if you want to skip nighttime check-ins. This occurs at some point when you haven’t checked on Theresa in at least five nights in a row. You can still turn this prompt on and off by talking to Theresa about night-time liberties during the day in her chambers.
- An enhancement to the first step of Theresa’s training in exhibitionism: if you have her squat, her art will now change.
- Sound effects for updating your journal.
- Improved formatting for the changelog accessible from the main menu.
- Assorted minor fixes and enhancements.
The patron version also has the Reminisce feature, which lets you replay old erotic sequences that otherwise can’t be revisited and take new paths through them. $5 patrons can access a special cheat menu, guide development priorities with polls and suggestions, and submit additions to random snippets that show up during play. The current latest version will go public once the next patron-only build goes live. If you want to contribute to the game’s development, please become a supporter on Patreon!