The new version of Ruin Me is out for patrons, adding a minor horror exploration, tons of fixes, and four new costumes! The new free version adds the ability to check on Theresa at night and a new type of optional “sophisticated content”.
You can always get the current free version on itch.io:
Please note: to upgrade on desktop, unzip the archive into a new directory. Your saves should carry over. Do not unzip over the previous version, as this can cause bugs.
If you want behind-the-scenes design notes, previews of upcoming releases, new versions as soon as they’re released, and the ability to vote on priorities or submit new random snippets, sign up to my Patreon!Become a Patron!
Version 0.50.0p is exclusive to patrons for a limited time and adds:
- Four new outfits for Theresa, all burlesque/cabaret and Halloween themed (and using the same basic shape). In increasing levels of sluttiness, they are The Black Cat (inspired by Poe), a Wicked Witch of the East (inspired by Baum), a Vamp of Dracula (inspired by Theda Bara and Musidora), and an Eldritch Whore (inspired by Kuroboshi Kouhaku’s design for Ninomae Ina’nis). They’re available from the Tailor, found by exploring out of town. Within two weeks of Halloween (Oct 31), they’re available for free; for the rest of the year, they cost Ken like other outfits.
- A new minor exploration, the abandoned bedroom, found when exploring the mansion by spending five Ken. Within, you will explore a little mystery room that may shed some light on the history of the Radcliffes.
- A tweak so that you now earn one Ken for each horror expedition you complete. Existing saves will be credited retroactively.
- A reduction in the cost of outfits from the Tailor. Existing saves will not be refunded.
- Adjustments to the main mansion navigation menu: it’s been reordered and you now visit Esther from there instead of from the “Elsewhere on the grounds…” menu.
- A text ambience for each horror expedition that can be displayed randomly upon visiting town once the expedition is complete. You shouldn’t see these repeat too often.
- The ability to close the journal by clicking/tapping on the space behind it.
- Content warnings for each horror expedition that are visible in the journal if you haven’t disabled content warnings in the preferences.
- Additional improvements to Theresa’s main standing pose, including a redraw of her resting arms and better shading.
- An image for the “cork from a cheap bottle of wine” curio, which is also now shown and mentioned in the expedition “The Treacherous Splay”.
- A change so that Theresa’s graduation is only available once you’ve finished with the Birds, to make sure the plan is introduced in the correct order.
- An option to wait until dusk when appropriate in the expedition “The Adulterine Soap”.
- A split of the Preferences menu between “System Preferences” and “Game Preferences”.
- New art for radio buttons and check buttons (in the Preferences menus).
- An improvement so the game no longer plays audio while minimized.
- A fix for my pluralize helper that should improve pluralization of chosen nomenclature.
- A fix for an error when viewing the completed Chthonic Swelling expedition in the journal.
- Additional save slots per page on Android.
- An upgrade to Ren’Py 8.0.3 (currently using Python 3.9.10). This should cause no changes, so if you notice something weird, please let me know!
- Many minor enhancements and fixes.
0.49.2 is free for everyone, adding:
- The option to check in on Theresa at night, including consensual peeping and waking her up with sex. You can get permission with the behavior menu option in her chambers.
- More options unlock as Theresa’s stats increase.
- The new bedtime menu can be disabled by telling her you’ll leave her alone at night. Asking about it again will re-enable the prompt.
- This feature may be expanded in a future release.
- A new option for sophisticated tastes, available from the “Examine your locked suitcase” option in your bedroom after Day 3. This is opt-in writing that is added to existing scenes. The new option, “Jealousy and Pride: How Inferiority Can Engender Ecstasy”, adds teasing of the player, inadequacy, jealousy, and consensual cuckolding vibes to many scenes.
- This is generally pretty “netorase” in feel as opposed to other forms of NTR and doesn’t involve any raceplay or specific anatomical criticisms.
- This is 100% optional and opt-in; you won’t see any added material until you choose to.
- You can set “Sophisticated Content” to “Highlight” in the preferences to see when text has been added or modified.
- A fix to the “Have Theresa dominate you in manual sex” play scene and its Theresa-initiated equivalent, which previously had unintended behavior when you use a safe word or otherwise end the scene early.
- An enhancement to “The Pileous Retort” with a unique line for each stories you choose to tell.
- Additional minor options for the ending of the sex scene when getting Theresa into the Reform Institute, providing opportunities for a bit of partner-sharing kinkiness.
- A change to the default ambience logic to make events like town ambiences avoid the same event recurring more than every three days. This should increase the likelihood of novel events, but please let me know if you’re seeing too many repeats or other odd behavior.
- Additional forms of address and other nomenclature for you and Theresa to allow for different relationship dynamics (“Comrade”, “friend”, “cuck”, “Goddess”, and more).
- A correction to the spelling of “anilingus”, which I never would have guessed was spelled that way!
- The changelog is now accessible from the main menu (from a link beside the version number in the corner).
- A new option in the “Bend Reality” cheat menu, available to $5+ patrons: you can enable the option to pick certain outcomes that are normally random. For the moment, you can choose ambiences (in town or at breakfast) and certain random events when checking in on Theresa at night. More places to control randomness may be added later.
- Minor enhancements and fixes.
The patron version also has the Reminisce feature, which lets you replay old erotic sequences that otherwise can’t be revisited and take new paths through them. $5 patrons can access a special cheat menu, guide development priorities with polls and suggestions, and submit additions to random snippets that show up during play. The current latest version will go public once the next patron-only build goes live. If you want to contribute to the game’s development, please become a supporter on Patreon!