The new version of Ruin Me is out for patrons! Patrons can now play the latest update, overhauling the look of several aspects of the game, as well as adding an opt-in modifier to certain scenes and a load of fixes and enhancements. The free update includes a seasonal outfit, another play scene, a new night music scene, and a choice of various normal and perverse breakfast routines.
You can always get the current free version on itch.io:
Please note: to upgrade on desktop, unzip the archive into a new directory. Your saves should carry over. Do not unzip over the previous version, as this can cause bugs.
If you want behind-the-scenes design notes, previews of upcoming releases, new versions as soon as they’re released, and the ability to vote on priorities or submit new random snippets, sign up to my Patreon!Become a Patron!
Version 0.45.0p is exclusive to patrons and adds:
- A complete overhaul of the menu layout, including a brand new title screen.
- A complete overhaul of the journal screen, now featuring a notebook motif and categorization on the Finished Tasks page.
- A feature where Theresa will suggest nomenclature changes after certain milestones. Because changes were not previously tracked, the dialogue may read oddly in existing saves.
- A new nightmare triggered by the first time you change nomenclature. Existing saves will trigger it the next time nomenclature is changed.
- A locked suitcase that will arrive in the entryway after day 3 that allows you to enable optional material for sophisticated tastes using the “Examine your locked suitcase” option in your bedroom. This is opt-in writing that is added to existing scenes. The first option, “The Paradoxical Appeal of Filth”, adds gross substances to some scenes if you enable it in your bedroom.
- A new option in Theresa’s graduation orgy to swap Arthur’s semen with her.
- Additional quips for Theresa at breakfast, including some triggered by high levels of Depravity or specific training.
- Additional options for random breakfast activities.
- More variation in Theresa’s greeting routines.
- New transitions for nightmares and plunging into water.
- An abbreviated dialogue option for if you report back to Pappy when The Sacrificed God is incomplete.
- A revision to Cathy’s artwork to make her hair’s behavior a bit more consistent.
- A clue in the journal entry for Theresa’s graduation orgy showing how many possible guests can be invited.
- Alt text for the pocketwatch icons so that players using self-voicing can identify when time will pass.
- A fix to Ren’Py’s self-voicing for randomly generated text so that it will now be read properly.
- A fix for certain instances where Theresa’s chosen outfit was not used.
- Minor enhancements and fixes.
Version 0.44.1 is free to the public, adding:
- Seven breakfast routines to choose from, each including variations. Some require Theresa to have certain stats. After breakfast, Theresa will make conversation that may include guidance for how to proceed in the game. They’re available by talking to Meg in the servants’ office. You can skip breakfast entirely with the “I’ll take it in my room” option.
- The “Have Theresa penetrate you with a strap-on” play scene with choice of moods, available in Theresa’s quarters once you have reached Permissivity 3.
- The “Cappriccio di Calamari” night music, allowing a dream of messy tentacles. With Permissivity 3, Theresa can join in.
- A new outfit for Theresa: the Heart-Motif Cheongsam outfit. It’s available from the Tailor, found by exploring out of town. Within two weeks of Valentine’s Day (Feb 14), it’s available for free; for the rest of the year, it costs Ken like other outfits.
- Adjustments to the cost of the Tailor’s outfits, making more revealing and out-of-place outfits cost more Ken.
- A fix for coitus play being available at Experience 3 instead of Permissivity 3.
- New options for Theresa’s standing pose artwork, letting her hold and sip from a teacup filled with various substances.
- An update to a branch of the Advanced Depravity training in urolagnia to make it use the new teacup art.
- New options for Theresa’s “on top” pose artwork, supporting her use of a strap-on. Other art for the pose has been improved.
- Improvements to Theresa’s caver outfit, investigator’s outfit, and standard dress to allow for more arm mobility.
- An improvement to diminutive terms used for nonbinary protagonists (e.g. “good pet”).
- An improvement to the epithet Cathy uses for nonbinary protagonists.
- Adjustments and improvements to the ambience and random text generation systems.
- An improvement to Dr. Harvey’s art to be scaled to better match other characters.
- Minor enhancements and fixes.
The patron version also has the Reminisce feature, which lets you replay old erotic sequences that otherwise can’t be revisited and take new paths through them. $5 patrons can access a special cheat menu, guide development priorities with polls and suggestions, and submit additions to random snippets that show up during play. The current latest version will go public once the next patron-only build goes live. If you want to contribute to the game’s development, please become a supporter on Patreon!