The new version of Ruin Me is out for patrons, adding a new training/play scene! The new free version adds a minor horror exploration, tons of fixes, and four new costumes.
You can always get the current free version on itch.io:
Please note: to upgrade on desktop, unzip the archive into a new directory. Your saves should carry over. Do not unzip over the previous version, as this can cause bugs.
If you want behind-the-scenes design notes, previews of upcoming releases, new versions as soon as they’re released, and the ability to vote on priorities or submit new random snippets, sign up to my Patreon!Become a Patron!
Version 0.51.0p is exclusive to patrons for a limited time and adds:
- The “Semen Play” training scene, part of the “Advanced Depravity” training sequence taking Theresa from Depravity 3 to 4. This includes a small system for collecting semen from various sources; if there’s interest, the possible sources could expand. This includes new variations for Theresa’s standing pose.
- A “semen play” play scene using much of the same code as the training scene, available by talking to Theresa in her quarters after completing the training.
- The option to masturbate in your bedroom. If you have a cock and have begun semen play training, you can increase your stock this way, but there’s a limit to how often you can do so.
- Adjustments to the blocking at the end of Act II to avoid Theresa having mirrored tattoos.
- Shading for Theresa’s hair in her normal standing position.
- Saves now are named with their in-game day and time once you’ve finished the introduction. These may sometimes be inaccurate or missing time-of-day, especially during nightmares.
- Art for Clay Mortimer’s pulque jug, visible in your bedroom and during the “Chthonic Swelling” expedition.
- Vibration effect on the quartz rod from the “Moaning Hole” expedition.
- A new Bend Reality cheat option for Center of Attention patrons that immediately gives you 100 stored condoms.
Version 0.50.2 is available for everyone and adds:
- Four new outfits for Theresa, all burlesque/cabaret and Halloween themed (and using the same basic shape). In increasing levels of sluttiness, they are The Black Cat (inspired by Poe), a Wicked Witch of the East (inspired by Baum), a Vamp of Dracula (inspired by Theda Bara and Musidora), and an Eldritch Whore (inspired by Kuroboshi Kouhaku’s design for Ninomae Ina’nis). They’re available from the Tailor, found by exploring out of town. Within two weeks of Halloween (Oct 31), they’re available for free; for the rest of the year, they cost Ken like other outfits.
- A new minor exploration, the abandoned bedroom, found when exploring the mansion by spending five Ken. Within, you will explore a little mystery room that may shed some light on the history of the Radcliffes.
- A tweak so that you now earn one Ken for each horror expedition you complete. Existing saves will be credited retroactively.
- A reduction in the cost of outfits from the Tailor. Existing saves will not be refunded.
- Adjustments to the main mansion navigation menu: it’s been reordered and you now visit Esther from there instead of from the “Elsewhere on the grounds…” menu.
- A text ambience for each horror expedition that can be displayed randomly upon visiting town once the expedition is complete. You shouldn’t see these repeat too often.
- The ability to close the journal by clicking/tapping on the space behind it.
- Content warnings for each horror expedition that are visible in the journal if you haven’t disabled content warnings in the preferences.
- Additional improvements to Theresa’s main standing pose, including a redraw of her resting arms and better shading.
- An image for the “cork from a cheap bottle of wine” curio, which is also now shown and mentioned in the expedition “The Treacherous Splay”.
- A change so that Theresa’s graduation is only available once you’ve finished with the Birds, to make sure the plan is introduced in the correct order.
- An option to wait until dusk when appropriate in the expedition “The Adulterine Soap”.
- A split of the Preferences menu between “System Preferences” and “Game Preferences”.
- New art for radio buttons and check buttons (in the Preferences menus).
- An improvement so the game no longer plays audio while minimized.
- A fix for my pluralize helper that should improve pluralization of chosen nomenclature.
- A fix for an error when viewing the completed Chthonic Swelling expedition in the journal.
- Additional save slots per page on Android.
- An upgrade to Ren’Py 8.0.3 (currently using Python 3.9.10). This should cause no changes, so if you notice something weird, please let me know!
- A fix for Theresa’s industrial ear piercing in her standing pose.
- Many minor enhancements and fixes.
The patron version also has the Reminisce feature, which lets you replay old erotic sequences that otherwise can’t be revisited and take new paths through them. $5 patrons can access a special cheat menu, guide development priorities with polls and suggestions, and submit additions to random snippets that show up during play. The current latest version will go public once the next patron-only build goes live. If you want to contribute to the game’s development, please become a supporter on Patreon!